Are you suspicious of having FSGS? Do you want to have a clear diagnosis? In this article, let’s talk about FSGS diagnosis.
The following points can help in the diagnosis of Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS):
1. In the early stage, high blood pressure and impaired renal function exist. And the onset of the disease is associated with them, especially in adults.
2. High incidence of microscopic hematuria. About 2/3 of FSGS patients have microscopic hematuria.
3. Poor selectivity of urinary protein. Although selective proteinuria can also occur in some patients at an early stage, most of the patients with FSGS are non-selective proteinuria (the patients with minimal change disease are more often seen with selective proteinuria).
4. Impaired renal tubular function. In FSGS patients, urinary NAG, retinol binding protein (RBP) and urine lysozyme levels increase and urinary osmotic pressure decrease.
5. Serum IgG level. The serum IgG level decreases significantly, and the decrease is greater than the urinary IgG loss.
6. Poor response to steroids. Some FSGS patients are sensitive to early hormone therapy and resistant to late hormone therapy. The possibility of secondary FSGS should be excluded after the diagnosis of FSGS. This disease has the characteristic of continuous progress, compared with other pathological types treatment has certain difficulty.
If you have a clear diagnosis of FSGS, what treatment should you take?
Steroids and immunosuppressants are the most commonly used treatment for FSGS. They can help control symptoms, but they can not repair kidney damage and promote renal function. And many FSGS patients are steroid-resistant. Here we recommend you to try a systemic treatment. It is Toxin-Removing Treatment, also known as Detoxification Therapy. This treatment includes a variety of therapies, such as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Medicated Bath, Foot Bath, Enema Therapy, Steam Therapy, etc. It can eliminate toxins and extra fluid from body to make internal environment clean. It can also dilate blood vessels and remove stasis to improve blood circulation and increase blood flow into kidneys. Moreover, it can provide the essential elements for kidney self-healing and other medication application. And it can restore the balance of anti-inflammatory cytokines and pro-inflammatory cytokines to reduce renal inflammation and control the disease from getting worse. After about one week’s treatment, edema will be reduced. After about half month’s treatment, proteinuria will be reduced. After about one month’s treatment, all symptoms will be under control, and renal function will get improved gradually.
How to diagnosis FSGS? Now you get the answer. For more information on FSGS, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.