Generally speaking, dialysis is commonly used for FSGS patients whose disease has developed into chronic renal failure. However, is there a certain time when dialysis is needed for FSGS patients? Now, follow us, you may get the answer.
To be honest, here is no a specific time about the question when dialysis is needed for FSGS patients, because it needs depend on various patient’s own conditions, such as their symptoms, creatinine level, the primary disease and economic condition. However, when they have the following situations, dialysis is needed necessarily for FSGS patients.
1. Serious high blood pressure, diabetes, systemic lupus erythematosus or in old age.
2. Their symptoms are more severe at clinical and in their daily life, drowsiness, convulsions, nausea, vomiting, bleeding in skin, alimentary canal and mucosa, severe acidosis, high edema, heart failure and pulmonary edema appear but biochemical indicator is not very serious, they should consider dialysis as well.
3. When blood creatinine level is more than 707.2 μmol/L or creatinine clearance rate is less than 10ml/min, dialysis also should be considered for FSGS patients.
The above introduces some situations about when FSGS patients need to begin dialysis. However, here are some emergency situations and dialysis should be received immediately for FSGS patients.
1. Hyperkalemia uncontrolled by drugs is more than 6.5mmol/L
2. If Water sodium retention, oliguria, anuria, highly edema associated with heart failure, pulmonary edema and high blood pressure appear in FSGS patients, dialysis is needed immediately.
3. As we all know if FSGS can not be treated in time, various complications will occur. So when uremic pericarditis, gastrointestinal bleeding, central nervous system symptoms, such as trance, drowsiness, coma, convulsions appear, they also should consider dialysis immediately.
From the above introductions, are you aware of when dialysis is needed for FSGS patients? Of course, if you still have some other questions, please leave your message below or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org ,our experts will help you greatly.