Nephrotic Syndrome always comes back frequently to torment the patients. In order to help you take good care of the patients, we sort out some knowledge about the nursing care of Nephrotic Syndrome patients, including diet, daily routine and clinical care.
1) Low salt diet should be maintained during the treatment of large dose steroid or when edema presents.
2) Protein intake should meet the body’s needs and the protein loss in urine.
3) Water should be restricted if there is severe edema and less urination.
4) With hyperlipidemia and hypoproteinemia, cholesterol intake and saturated fatty acids should be reduced.
5) Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, which help supplement vitamins, especially vitamin C and B.
6) Increase dietary fiber intake, which can help reduce the acidosis.
2. Daily routine
1) Maintain personal hygiene and exercise moderately when you not feel tired.
2) Develop a good living habit and get enough sleep.
3) Keep the indoor air fresh and minimize the presence of people in the room.
4) Maintain a good mood so as to prevent fluctuating blood pressure and repeated illness condition.
3. Clinical care
1) For patients with obvious swelling and massive proteinuria, they should stay in bed and have a good rest.
2) For patients with obvious swelling, they should change gesture often.
3) For patients with eyelid or facial swelling, pillow should be slightly higher.
4) For patients with pleural effusion, half-lying is recommended.
5) For patients with scrotal edema, scrotum had better be lifted by a strap.
6) For patients with renal insufficiency, the accumulation of metabolic wastes such as BUN can cause dental ulcer, so to strengthen health care. For example, to rinse mouth with saline.
No matter which kind of kidney disease, it is not easy to cure, so it requires family members around to take good care of the patients. Though the process is little tiring, it is worthy. For more information on Nephrotic Syndrome, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.