Steroid may be the most common used therapy for Nephrotic Syndrome, which can achieve obvious therapeutic effect in a short time. Because of this point, many Nephrotic Syndrome patients depends too much on steroid. But there are still many problems with steroid therapy for Nephrotic Syndrome. What are the problems? In the following article, you may have a rough idea.
1. Long term steroid intake can lead to metabolic disorders of water, sodium, sugar, protein and fat. Besides, it can cause hyperadrenocorticism so as to affect the absorption of calcium, which is easily for the patients to have osteoporosis, even spontaneous fracture.
2. Steroids can counteract growth hormone. If the child eat them for long-term, they are prone to inhibit the growth of bones and protein synthesis so as to affect the growth and development of the child. For pregnant woman, hormone can cause fetal malformation.
3. Even if your symptoms are relieved after using these medicine, you should continue to eat them to consolidate the therapeutic effect. Reducing the dosage of medicine or stopping them suddenly can make these symptoms appear again and even worsen. Some other symptoms that do not appear before now appear such as myalgia, myotonia and joint pain.
4. Hormone can weaken your body’s resistant ability for disease, which is favorable for the bacteria to grow and proliferate so as to trigger or worsen infection.
5. Hormone promotes proteolysis and delays the formation of granulation tissue, which hampers the healing of trauma, surgical wounds and other ulcer.
Space limited, the other side effects of steroid are not limited here. In fact, the treatment for Nephrotic Syndrome is not confined to steroid. There are also other therapies such as Immunotherapy and Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. They have few side effects and help your damaged kidneys to repair themselves. If you would like to learn more information, please contact online doctor or leave a message below.